The CFIA has circulated the documents for the 2019 export programs. Please note that deadlines are earlier this year, with final documents and payment to be submitted by February 28, 2019. This year the CFIA have combined the application form (“compliance agreement”) for the China, Thailand and the new Japan export program into a single document. Please read all documents carefully and ensure that forms are forwarded to the correct addresses prior to the deadline. The documents you will need can be downloaded from the links below.
For export to China, Japan and/or Thailand, you must fill out and submit the CFIA’s Compliance Agreement, which is your single application form for all destinations. There is one form for growers, and a different one for packing facilities:
- 2019 Grower Application for exporting cherries to China, Japan, and/or Thailand
- 2019 Packing Facility Application for exporting cherries to China, Japan, and/or Thailand
If you want to export to China and/or Japan, you will need the BC Cherry Association payment page filled out and submitted prior to the February 28 deadline. Be sure to submit this only to the BCCA address provided.
- BCCA Payment Page for Export of Cherries to China and Japan
If you are exporting to China, you will need to read the program document. You will also need to fill out weekly pest monitoring and semi-weekly cherry fruit fly trap monitoring reports on the forms provided:
- 2019 CFIA Cherries to China Program Overview
- Cherry Fruit Fly Trap Monitoring Worksheet – for growers in the Central and North Okanagan, and Creston areas
- Cherry Fruit Fly Trap Monitoring Worksheet – for growers in the South Okanagan and Similkameen areas
- Pest Monitoring Worksheet
If you are exporting to Japan, you will need to read the program document. You will also need to fill out weekly codling moth trapping reports on the form provided:
If you are exporting to Thailand, you will need to read the program document.
- Cherries to Thailand Work Plan