2024 Export Programs – China, Japan, European Union and United Kingdom, Korea, and Thailand
The 2024 information packages for the program to export BC Cherries to the People’s Republic of China, Japan, Thailand, European Union, United Kingdom and Republic of Korea are now ready, and were emailed out to last year’s participants by the CFIA.
This year, Packing Facility Compliance Agreements AND Grower Compliance Agreements are submitted only to the CFIA.
Grower payment information must be submitted to the BC Cherry Association. Don’t send your payment information to the CFIA! The deadline for the application and full payment to be received is Monday March 11, 2024. Failure to submit this form may result in your removal from export programs. For growers packing their cherries at BC Tree Fruits, your payment will be made through your grower account by BCTF, however you must submit the form to ensure that the required traps are ordered for you.
Any grower interested in taking part in this program must attend one of the mandatory training sessions in early April. Dates and times will be provided to growers signed up for this program closer to the meeting dates.
China has published the 2023 Approved Grower List in its entirety. The document can be found here.
These are the 2024 Documents you will need:
PACKING FACILITIES: For packing facilities exporting cherries to all destinations:
- Packing Facility CFIA Compliance Agreement (submit only to the CFIA) – DEADLINE March 11th
- Packing Facility CFIA Guidelines Document
GROWERS: For growers exporting cherries to all destinations:
- Grower BCCA PAYMENT FORM (There are two pages to fill in this year. Submit only to the BCCA, do NOT submit this form to the CFIA!!!) – DEADLINE March 11th
- Grower CFIA Compliance Agreement (submit only to the CFIA) – DEADLINE March 11th
- Grower CFIA Guidelines Document
- Weekly Orchard Pest Surveillance Form
For growers exporting cherries to the People’s Republic of China and/or Republic of Korea:
- Rhagoletis Trap Monitoring Worksheet for orchards in the South Okanagan and Similkameen (RDOS)
- Rhagoletis Trap Monitoring Worksheet for orchards everywhere else
For growers exporting cherries to Japan and/or Republic of Korea:
- Weekly Codling Moth Trap Monitoring Worksheet
- Official agreement document between Canada and Japan (Japan only)
For growers exporting cherries to the EU and the UK and/or Republic of Korea:
For growers exporting cherries to the Republic of Korea:
For growers exporting cherries to Thailand (to read only):
For questions related to registration costs and payment, please contact the BC Cherry Association: