Cherry Puff Pastry Tarts
1 1/2 cups pitted cherries
1 tbsp white sugar
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 package puff pastry (~198.5g / 7oz), thawed
(optional) 1 egg, separated
(optional) ~ 1/2 tsp x4 white sugar
- Remove puff pastry from freeze to thaw
- Stir together pitted cherries, white sugar, corn starch and lemon juice together until cherries are evenly coated.
- Roll out puff pastry, cut into 4 squares, place onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon cherry mixture onto puff pastry.
- Fold up edges of pastry and pinch together (optional tip: use egg yolk to help stick edges together)
- (optional) Brush edges with egg white and sprinkle whole pastry with 1/2 tsp white sugar.
- Bake at 350F for 25-35 minutes until pastry is golden brown